"I have been a birth doula since 2004 and I know an amazing doula when I see one...Alicia is this. She has a light inside of her that is perfect for supporting mothers in pregnancy, through their birth and beyond. I am so proud of her deep passion for mothers, children and families. She is a special person."
Blooma founder, Doula, Educator
Before The Birth
- 1-2 Prenatal meetings at your home where we get to know one another, find your most important values and dreams going into childbirth, create a birth plan, practice comfort measures, discuss fears and joys, discuss the postpartum period and ANY thing else that comes up!
- 24/7 emotional, physical and spiritual support from the day of hire…I am your Doula for life.
- Full access to my prenatal and postnatal resources as well as book lending library
- On call availability as soon as you sign the contract!
During The Birth
- Will join you at your home or chosen birth place when labor starts (usually at your home even if you will be birthing elsewhere)
- Support during the duration of your labor and birth
- Use of non-pharmacological comfort measures and relaxation tools
- Physical and emotional support for you and your partner
- Facilitator of communication with provider(s) as necessary
- Photography with your camera
- Immediate postpartum support for one to two hours after birth or until you are fed, comfortable and ready to be alone as a family
After The Birth
- 1-2 postpartum visits where we can process your birth story together, talk about any emotions coming up, lactation support and anything else your family desires (light housekeeping, holding your new baby so you can snuggle up and sleep, take your dog for a walk, get you groceries…)
- Herbal bath gift for optimal postpartum healing and a little surprise for the new addition to your family
- Teach you how to connect with your baby through infant massage
- Show you a few very gentle post-natal Pilates exercises to help your abdominal muscles strengthen (with your medical doctor’s approval-usually during a second visit as the first month rest, rest, rest is BEST!)
- Availability of any resources you may need
Total Fee $900
My Doula Philosophy
First and foremost, I believe in the woman that is birthing her child to know what SHE needs to bring her baby into the world. I work for YOU. I don’t have an attachment to any type of birth whether you choose a natural birth, a birth assisted with an epidural, in the water, on a surgical table or anything in-between. All births require trust in a woman’s instincts and I truly and deeply believe in every woman to know what she specifically needs to make her birth story filled with empowerment, support, encouragement and love. I believe with education, knowing all your options and most importantly knowing your self and your body that any choices made will be made with great confidence and work in your and your baby’s behalf to create a birth story you can own with great joy and even awe regardless of any unexpected turns and twists a birth can take. My role as a birth doula is to nurture your pregnancy, your birth, your partner, YOU and hold your birthing space so you feel safe, understood and believed in. As your doula I do not take your partners place in the role of birth support but enhance this very intimate and transformative experience by gently guiding and simply being a calm presence for the two of you to bring your child into your arms and into your family. I cherish and feel so honored and grateful serving families as a birth doula, I can’t think of anything I would rather do than show up for YOU on YOUR journey.