"Alicia is warm, compassionate, calm and chill. It is just what I need in pregnancy and preparing for birth! Her prenatal classes are so nurturing. Alicia encourages students to honor their bodies and vary the practice to meet the body's needs that day. She also brings a spirituality that helps me feel more connected to myself and to my little one. She celebrates all births, and (despite my planned c-section) I feel welcomed and honored in her class."
I currently teach Prenatal Yoga at Blooma.
You can find me subbing classes at all the Blooma locations throughout each month. Look for me on the schedule, I would love to see you in class! I let go of my three weekly classes that I was teaching at Blooma in order to give more energy and time to my Birth Clients, but you will see, I am still there at least once a week.
I am also available to teach private classes in the comfort of your own home or at celebratory gatherings such as baby showers or blessing ways etc. Price per hour $60.
Some of the benefits of Prenatal Yoga.
- Eases Nausea from morning sickness
- Combats fatigue
- Builds strength and stamina
- Reduces swelling
- Tones the abdominals
- Reduces back aches and leg cramps
- Prepares the body mentally and physically for labor
- Eases depression and anxiety
- Eases labor pain and tension
- Encourages bonding with developing baby
- Encourages rapid postnatal recovery
- Encourages better sleep
- Encourages optimal position for baby
- Offers comfort measures and visualization techniques to use during labor
- Learn breathing techniques for labor and day to day relaxation